Ashton Elliot Lee
Born August 16th, 2011
12:52 p.m.
6 lbs. 3 oz.
19 3/4 " long


My first glimpse of my beautiful boy as I lay on the table after my c-section. Such a squishy face. I was so excited to meet him. Thank you God for a healthy little guy.
My nurses. The one on the left was with me from the moment I got to the hospital until the recovery room. She was so sweet and such a good nurse.

Grandpa changing his first diaper

The siblings coming to meet their new brother

They all 3 smiled the biggest smiles when they saw him.



Owen was surprisingly gentle with him, it was so cute.



So here is the birth story:
I was scheduled to have a c-section on August 25th. My other 3 kids have been born past their due dates so none of us expected that I would go early. But on August 15th, two days after we moved, I started to feel something that was different than all of the Braxton Hicks I had been feeling. We went to dinner at Noodles & Company I told my parents and Steve that I think I might be feeling contractions but I was in denial because I just don't go early. So they told me we should time them and see how far apart they are. They were between 15 and 20 minutes apart. I still couldn't believe it so we just went about our night. I decided that maybe if I lay down they would stop and I was exhausted and wanted to go to bed. They continued all night long but I was able to get some sleep. By 6:00 a.m. on August 16th I decided to call the hospital. They told me to come in but to not eat or drink anything. Well, I hadn't packed for the hospital so I took a shower and packed all the while my contractions were getting closer and painful. We got to the hospital about 9:00 a.m. and they checked me and I was about 1 cm along. They asked if I had drank or ate anything. I wasn't going to tell them this because I thought it wouldn't caught but I thought I'd better - I told them that on the way to the hospital I had a teeny tiny itty bitty sip of Steve's orange juice. Well, the anesthesiologist said that because I had that tiny sip of o.j. they couldn't do the c-section for 8 hours because he could be sued if I aspirated during surgery because of the o.j. I was so bummed because I didn't want to go through labor when in my head I was just supposed to have a c-section this time and not experience labor again. He did say that if the dr. deemed that it was necessary to do it earlier than that due to problems then they would. So it was supposed to happen at 4:00 p.m. Well, then the baby's heart kept dropping and they decided to move the c-section up until noon. I was so excited. The surgery went well beside that the anesthesia made me terribly nauseous and the anesthesiologist had to give me double the nausea medicine than he normally gives to one person. That was a yucky experience. I was numb from the chest down so when I tried to throw up I couldn't make my lungs push anything out. It was the weirdest feeling. I begged them to help me throw up because I thought it would make me feel better. The drs. laughed and told me they had never had someone ask them to help them throw up, usually they want them to stop them from throwing up. Anyway at 12:52 p.m. they pulled out little Ashton Elliot. Happiness and Joy filled the room. I was so happy he was here. My drs. asked me if my water had broke and I said no. They said I didn't have any amniotic fluid left. That is a bad thing because the baby could have been strangulated by the cord amongst other risks. They said my placenta looked old so they sent it to pathology and we'll know in a few weeks what they think about it. Weird. They were very glad I went into labor early and said that could be the reason I went into labor. I was just glad it was all over and the little booger was here safe and sound and healthy. Thank you God for blessing us with our fourth child. We give you the glory!
Born August 16th, 2011
12:52 p.m.
6 lbs. 3 oz.
19 3/4 " long
My first glimpse of my beautiful boy as I lay on the table after my c-section. Such a squishy face. I was so excited to meet him. Thank you God for a healthy little guy.
My nurses. The one on the left was with me from the moment I got to the hospital until the recovery room. She was so sweet and such a good nurse.
Grandpa changing his first diaper
The siblings coming to meet their new brother
They all 3 smiled the biggest smiles when they saw him.
Owen was surprisingly gentle with him, it was so cute.
So here is the birth story:
I was scheduled to have a c-section on August 25th. My other 3 kids have been born past their due dates so none of us expected that I would go early. But on August 15th, two days after we moved, I started to feel something that was different than all of the Braxton Hicks I had been feeling. We went to dinner at Noodles & Company I told my parents and Steve that I think I might be feeling contractions but I was in denial because I just don't go early. So they told me we should time them and see how far apart they are. They were between 15 and 20 minutes apart. I still couldn't believe it so we just went about our night. I decided that maybe if I lay down they would stop and I was exhausted and wanted to go to bed. They continued all night long but I was able to get some sleep. By 6:00 a.m. on August 16th I decided to call the hospital. They told me to come in but to not eat or drink anything. Well, I hadn't packed for the hospital so I took a shower and packed all the while my contractions were getting closer and painful. We got to the hospital about 9:00 a.m. and they checked me and I was about 1 cm along. They asked if I had drank or ate anything. I wasn't going to tell them this because I thought it wouldn't caught but I thought I'd better - I told them that on the way to the hospital I had a teeny tiny itty bitty sip of Steve's orange juice. Well, the anesthesiologist said that because I had that tiny sip of o.j. they couldn't do the c-section for 8 hours because he could be sued if I aspirated during surgery because of the o.j. I was so bummed because I didn't want to go through labor when in my head I was just supposed to have a c-section this time and not experience labor again. He did say that if the dr. deemed that it was necessary to do it earlier than that due to problems then they would. So it was supposed to happen at 4:00 p.m. Well, then the baby's heart kept dropping and they decided to move the c-section up until noon. I was so excited. The surgery went well beside that the anesthesia made me terribly nauseous and the anesthesiologist had to give me double the nausea medicine than he normally gives to one person. That was a yucky experience. I was numb from the chest down so when I tried to throw up I couldn't make my lungs push anything out. It was the weirdest feeling. I begged them to help me throw up because I thought it would make me feel better. The drs. laughed and told me they had never had someone ask them to help them throw up, usually they want them to stop them from throwing up. Anyway at 12:52 p.m. they pulled out little Ashton Elliot. Happiness and Joy filled the room. I was so happy he was here. My drs. asked me if my water had broke and I said no. They said I didn't have any amniotic fluid left. That is a bad thing because the baby could have been strangulated by the cord amongst other risks. They said my placenta looked old so they sent it to pathology and we'll know in a few weeks what they think about it. Weird. They were very glad I went into labor early and said that could be the reason I went into labor. I was just glad it was all over and the little booger was here safe and sound and healthy. Thank you God for blessing us with our fourth child. We give you the glory!


1 comment:
Congratulations on the newest addition to your beautiful family, Heather! So glad everything went well. He's such a cutie!
Post a Comment