10th Annual Lee Family Christmas Letter- 2011
Wow! What a year… moved across town, brand new son, unusual job change, life is full of fun and surprises. We decided with four kids our house was a little small, so we invested in a larger home this year. It’s made a huge difference in our lives, we love it. We moved from Thornton to Broomfield late this summer about 15 miles west and closer to the front range. Heather wasn’t 100% pleased because she claims I put her into labor from the stress, sorry honey but the move was worth it. Ashton was born on Aug. 16th, three days after we moved into our new home… he arrived 12 days early so it made the move more “interesting.” He weighed in at 6 lbs. 3 oz., a petite little thing to say the least compared to our other kids… he’s about the size of my calf. J
I had to make a small adjustment with my career again. I basically “changed teams” and went from Celleration to Arobella a few weeks ago. Not much will change but I have a better chance for longevity with this company opposed to the previous (yeah, I’m sure next year’s letter I will have other news.) Other news this year, we traveled to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. We drove through the night, it was fun, Heather and kids slept the whole way and I had four Red Bulls to stay awake.
Heather is good, she has something to do with the kids everyday; homeschooling, music, Awanas, soccer, etc. I try to stay on the couch and watch TV but rarely get away with it. The other day both boys were cryin, Olivia’s socks didn’t fit right and Audrey had an “accident.” The entire bunch was either crying or whining.. I looked at Heather and sang “you’re gonna miss this….you’re gonna want this back” (it’s a Trace Adkins country song that didn’t go over so well.) For those interested in more of us you can follow Heather’s blog: www.highlightsofmylife.blogspot.com
Olivia, 6 years old is doing great, she played soccer this fall, scored a few goals, her hair is getting long and yes, still sucks on her blanky. She’s in 1st grade, reading and studying well, turns 7 in a few weeks! Wow! She also lost her first two teeth this year.
Audrey, 5 years old is our troublemaker. She’s going to be a great negotiator someday! Every time I ask for help around the house her response is “why.” She loves to be tickled to sleep at night by her dad… I wouldn’t trade it for the world. She is in Kindergarten this year and is reading very well and loves it. Her big adventure this year was falling off a chair and breaking her collar bone, poor thing. She wore a sling for 3 weeks. And yes, she still sings throughout the house daily.
Owen, 2 years old is the apple of my eye, chip off the ole block. He wakes me up every morning at 6:30AM with hugs and kisses. I carry him down the stairs, he tickles my face and pats my back the whole way down. We get his milk and watch cartoons until the girls get up. He may also be the jock of the family, he’s already throwing the nerf football at light speed. Whether he plays for OU or just in the band, he will always be my special little guy.
Ashton, 4 months old is “to be continued.” He nurses, sleeps, spits up and toots pretty much all day. He also looks like he’s being “goosed” because you can see the whites in his eyes, it’s funny. I’m sure I will have more info on him next year!
From our house to yours… Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
Steve, Heather, Olivia, Audrey, Owen and Ashton (wow, that’s a big family)


No comments:
Post a Comment