8th Annual Lee Christmas Letter - 2009
Wow, what a year… it’s been bitter sweet. Bitter: How about losing my job over a year ago (October, 2008) Sweet: How about a healthy, beautiful little boy, Owen Andrew, born
Good news is I found the job of my dreams last summer with a company called TruDiligence. My boss is a great guy, the team is small and I am washing my hands of the “corporate sales guy” you all know. I hope I never have to go back to medical sales! There’s way too much political bureaucracy that I don’t have the time or patience for, plus I found myself not being able to sell product every single month, after month, after month… it’s just not for me. Another sweet providence for me is not having that pressure I had to deal with for so many years. I’m truly right where God wants me and I can’t tell you how happy I am, enough about me…
Have you seen my son? Oh yes, I find myself strutting around the house like a proud peacock throughout the day. He weighed a hefty 9 lbs. 7 oz. and was 21 in. long. He loves to eat, loves to sleep, and we think he started smiling in the hospital. Anyway, he’s our pride and joy! Mark your calendars, he should sign his “letter of intent” for the
The girls are doing great! They love their little brother. Olivia can’t stand it when he cries, she says, “momma, momma he’s crying, do something!” She totally tries to look after him. Olivia will be turning 5 years old in January. Has it been 5 years already? Heather is teaching her preschool at home and Olivia loves it. She has even begun to read 3 letter words and is very excited about learning to read. The diabetes walk went well and we raised almost $2850.00. Thanks again to those who were able to support us. Audrey turned 3 in August and her favorite thing to do is sing and she is always making up her own songs, she cracks us up. She keeps us very busy as a three year old does and has the sweetest voice ever.
Heather’s had it rough over the last few months. 1) she was forced to use a ton of coupons (pronounced “coopins”) due to our situation, 2) her pregnancy was difficult (C-section, long hours of labor prior to the surgery), seriously what woman wants to “push for nothing,” 3) her incision wouldn’t heal, she had a wound for 3-4 weeks with an infection, 4) another infection from nursing- once again, sounds like fun 4) has to put up with me 24/7 (yes, this too is a full time job). Other than that… she’s grrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaat!
We did manage to take a trip to
Anyway, it’s been an interesting year and for the difficult parts, I think I will store them in a far away place. The good news is that Christ loves us, and has our plans as a family held tightly in his hands. His providence and grace has been the main thing to see us through. Plus, we have healthy, vibrant children that bless us everyday! Money problems, pain, bad situations, are easier to bear if your focus is on Christ and you keep your family and friends close- so thank you for being close and from our family to yours…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Steve, Heather, Olivia, Audrey, and Owen Lee


No comments:
Post a Comment