I had my massage yesterday and it was extremely relaxing. I almost fell asleep. The sad part about it is that I thought my appointment was at 1:30 p.m. I realized that it was at 1:00 p.m. before I left home and still thought I had plenty of time to get there. But NOOOO! My appointment was in Boulder which took me a little over 45 minutes to get there. (Yes, most everything here in the Metro Denver area takes 30+ minutes to get there, at least where we live.) Anyway, I arrived exactly at 1:00 p.m. or a few minutes after but I forgot they wanted me a few minutes early for paperwork. What is wrong with me? I never forgot all these things before kids. Is it the mommy mush brain? Anyway, I apoligized for not showing up early and explained why and the receptionist was like, "No problem, there is time after your appointment because you're her last client so it will work out." Well, to me that meant that she would still give me an 1 1/2 hour massage that Steve paid for even if we started late. By the time I got the paperwork done, went to the bathroom, changed and got on the table, it was probably 1:15 at least. Well, the massage ended at around 2:25 p.m. About 1 hour, 10 minutes. I didn't say anything because technically my time was from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and I was late so I guess it was my fault. The therapist's hours went until 3:00 p.m. so since I was her last client, I thought maybe she would be nice and give me my full 1 1/2 hour massage that we paid for. Oh well, I learned my lesson. Leave the house earlier next time so this doesn't happen. Steve and my mom said I should have said something, what do you all think? Would you have said anything or just realized you deserved it for being late? 20 minutes extra of a massage is a lot especially when they are not cheap so Steve was disappointed that we paid for 1 1/2 hours and didn't get that. Anyway, it's over and I'll know if there is a next time.
My brother Michael moved here from Texas around Easter and tonight he babysat Olivia for the first time. I was nervous because she hasn't warmed up to him very well when I am around. She won't let him hold her and she cries when she sees him. He said she did great and didn't even cry once. They played and he said she even reached out for him to hold her several times. I knew that if I wasn't there that she would bond with him so I'm glad that he watched her and that things went so well. Alright, on to bed, I'm exhausted. Goodnight.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I don't know, Heather. I think I would have done exactly what you did, but I really hate confrontation. But since you pay by the hour, and not the event, perhaps she should have given you the option of coming back another time for your full 1 1/2 hours. Maybe she had to leave right at 3 because of another engagement. Tough call. I think if she were really concerned with good customer service, she would have given you the full time, though.
I probably would call after the fact and just inquire about it. It's hard when you are finally relaxed to stress yourself out over a confrontation. Maybe call about it. What's the harm?
Post a Comment