He seemed really surprised but I don't know how he didn't know. This was very hard to keep quiet. And I kept leaving things around that might have given it away but he said he didn't know.
The food table. A few of my close friends and family brought a dish but the majority of it was done my dad and mom. They made the best dishes that took some time but made the food table so awesome. Thanks mom and dad for all your hard work! And thanks to those of you who brought dishes.
The dessert and coffee table.
John and Lyn are becoming very close friends of Steve's through work. Great couple who really click with Steve and Lyn is so sweet and has made the kids pillow cases and little books.
Dr. Albert and his daughter are on the left. Steve met Dr. Albert through work and I have gotten to know him from all the dinners we have took him on. Great guy! And Susie and Brett are on the right. Steve and Brett met working together when we first moved to Denver 8 years ago. We have gotten to know their family very well and spent a lot of fun times together. Brett is one of Steve's closet friends here.
The Faimons! What a cute little family. We met them at a Parenting Class we took and I had known Emily a little before that at a MOMS group I went to. Very glad they could make it.
Ah, the lovely Berry family! We have known them for about 6 years from church. Steve and Dave are pretty close buddies. The other part of their family is in the next pic.
The two older boys are part of the Berry family and then there is Thessa on the right from church and DeAnn from church. Then the younger guy is Josiah and he is part of the Keenan family. I TOOK a picture of the Keenans and when I went to upload these pictures it is nowhere to be found. What? That is weird, have no idea where it went. They are a family we met at church.
Scott and Sonia-we have known them from church but they go somewhere else and we haven't seen them in a very long time. So glad they could make it.
My awesome cousin Annie and her family-I love these guys and are so glad they could make the trip from Limon.
Blowing out his candles. Sadly, this is the only picture I got of my dad that night. AND I have no pictures of me or my mom. And not good ones of the kids. I was very busy in keeping things moving and getting the guests pictures that I forgot about our own family. I was bummed.
Steve being silly with Terri. She was due with her first child the day before the party so we didn't know if she would be there or not.
The pictures hanging on the far while are below
The first one was of his childhood up through high school. Or I called it the Pre-baldness stage!
Then it was his twenties and early thirties so there are pics of our wedding and honeymoon. Post-hair loss stage and Pre-children.
And then came the kids
Since I didn't take a pic of my parents at the party I took this one with his balloon the next day.
We had a great time! Everyone went around and introduced themselves, then we ate, played a 70's decade trivia game with questions about Steve mixed in. My brother Mike made me two CDs of 70's music so that was playing in the background. We roasted Steve and some people told some good stories about him and shared some fond memories of him. Then had cake. Lots of good memories and what made it very special was all the people who were able to come and share this with us (and help us set up and take down :) Thank you to all of you. You have been a big part of Steve's life in some fashion and we are so glad you are a part of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment