Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010!

The stockings were hung by the mantle with care
(WARNING: This post is long so get a cup of tea or skip to the next post)

Waiting patiently to come downstairs

Checking out the dollhouse that Santa left for them

Santa left a little computer for Owen and a dollhouse for the girls but if you look closer...

...I think Santa didn't realize he left us with a little black family. (Side note: my mom did some of my Christmas shopping bless her heart and she picked the dollhouse up for me but didn't look closely at the family that was included.) I didn't set it up until late on Christmas Eve and that's when I discovered the mishap. What could I do but set it up? I wondered what the girls would think. Funny thing is that they didn't seem to notice or care for a long time. The only time I heard anything about it is Olivia finally said, "Why is the family black?" I explained to her that Santa may have made a mistake or he may have just wanted them to remember that there are all kinds of people out there and why can't we play with a little black family. I think it's kind of cool. I was going to go buy the white family but I think we'll just keep what we have. Why not?

The girls got some coal bubble gum in their socks.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas this year was all the hugs going on. We hugged all day long and it was awesome.


To Mom Frum Olivia
(I love when kids are first learning to read and they sound out words and spell them like they sound)

In addition to the dollar items Olivia picked out for us she also went around the house and found presents for us. She gave me a bag of dress up jewelry and finger nail scissors. What a cutie!

Steve asked for a custom OU jersey. His football number in high school was 43 so he thought this was pretty nifty.


Lots of hugs for everyone

Olivia gave dad some glitter and some brads!


This is probably my favorite picture of the day. Audrey gave Olivia a book she picked out for her and then they gave each other the best hug it was priceless. They loved doing this for each other.

The princess with her new ponytail wig.

The day after Christmas my parents came down to celebrate with us.
Bubba LOVED his new fire truck from Grandpa and Grandma, he spent a lot of time on it.

Audrey and Olivia each picked out dollar items for each other, us, Owen, and Grandma and Grandpa. This is Grandpa when he received his activity booklet from Olivia...

...and his snow brush from Audrey.

Olivia and Audge posing in their new clothes from Grandma

Reading with Grandpa

Getting some good news (I'll explain in another post)

No comments: