Steve's 40th birthday is on Christmas day so I surprised him and took him to see the Blue Man Group. He had mentioned that we should go but then I never heard about it again so I got tickets and didn't tell him where we were going, just that we were going on a date I had planned. When we pulled up to the Denver Center for Performing Arts he saw the theatre sign and he said with a nervous voice, "Oh, we are going to the theatre?" I said, "Yes honey, you need to expand your horizons and stretch your mind a little." Then I asked him if he had ever seen "The Nutcracker". Again he nervously said no. I told him he would love it and that he'll be wondering why we had never gone before. He just isn't much of a ballet or musical kind of guy. Well, when we went into the Buell Theatre there were no signs that it was the Blue Man group and we were a little early so we got a drink. He turned around and to the back by the window was a table where they were selling Blue Man stuff. He slowly walked towards it and then turned to me and said, "Are you messing with me?" I grinned and said, "Yep!" He was so excited and even more so that it wasn't the ballet. We had an awesome time. The performance was so amazing. Great music, funny entertainment, and if you are ever able to see them live you should do it.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment