We're having a small family party for her in a few weeks when my parents can be here but we wanted to do something special for her tonight so we took her to Fuddruckers and had ice cream at Baskin Robbins. Then came home and she got to see one present.


She loves her new cozy coupe! This thing was difficult to put together and had like 30 steps with pictures, no words on the instructions. Steve and I were cracking up when putting it together and then I remembered, "Oh yeah, my friend got one of these for her little girl recently and I remember her saying it was a booger to put together." Short memory. I loved this car when I was little and the girls seem to be loving it too!
She loves her new cozy coupe! This thing was difficult to put together and had like 30 steps with pictures, no words on the instructions. Steve and I were cracking up when putting it together and then I remembered, "Oh yeah, my friend got one of these for her little girl recently and I remember her saying it was a booger to put together." Short memory. I loved this car when I was little and the girls seem to be loving it too!
Little Audrey tidbits:
The other day Audrey found a snack bar in our bag that we carry Olivia's diabetes kit and juice and snacks for her in case she gets low.
I asked her, "Audrey, what are you eating?"
She said, " I'm eating a bar."
I said, "Why?"
She answered sounding a little frustrated, "Because I'm low." Then she smiled. She was copying what Olivia says when she has low blood sugar.
I said, "You don't have diabetes silly." And she just grinned. Little stinker.
Then tonight I told Steve maybe we should check her blood sugar because she kept going to the bathroom a lot.
She said, "Check me? No, that would hurt me. I'm not diabetes."
Oh by the way, a BIG note here. She has been potty trained now for about a month! Woo Hoo. I started with her like 6 months ago or more and because I'm not real consistent about reminding her etc., it's been a long time and I didn't think she would ever be potty trained. At our family reunion I forgot to put her in a pull up at night and the next morning she was dry. We tried it the next night and dry again. Ever since then she wears panties to bed and she is potty trained through the night too. Every morning the first thing she says to me is, "Mommy, guess what? I slept in my panties and I didn't go pee pee in them!" She is always so excited to tell me. Now, she has had an occasional accident here and there during the day but by golly, I think we're there!!! Just in time so I can have a short break before baby comes.


3 comments:
Too cute! She is a little bit! Ellery got a cozy coupe from us for her 2nd bday and it was horrible to put together! So, we feel your pain!
Yes Erin, I saw your post on your blog and that's what gave me the idea of getting Audrey the car. I had one when I was little and loved it. So far Olivia and Audrey love it too. You are the one I'm talking about in the blog when I told Steve someone I know mentioned this was a booger to put together. I forgot you wrote that part though and until we were putting it together. Oh well, it's done and hopefully worth it.
i think it's harder when they are potty trained. especially when we are out!!!
Post a Comment