The girls making star shaped brownies and decorating them
(Side note, a few of these pictures are blurry from my new camera and we couldn't figure out how to fix it. I called my brother and he'll have to figure it out when he gets back from his trip. I even read the troubleshooting from the manual and couldn't do it. Don't worry mom, Mikey can fix anything, I'm sure it's nothing. Moral of this story is most of the pics from today are from my old camera.)
The Result!! O.k. so they didn't all come out star shaped, they were very sticky, but tasted great.
I pulled a few of the star shaped brownies out to show you the picture of what they really were supposed to turn out like. Oh well, close enough and the girls had fun making them.
We started out the day going to EB Rains Memorial Park not too far from our house. I've never been there but it was an awesome park. It was HUGE with a beautiful lake and a fountain in the middle of it. People were renting paddles boats. There were tons of people there and many set up tents or canopies and were all set up for the day with food, etc. Tons of vendors and yummy food. We brought a picnic lunch but we did splurge and get a funnel cake.
They had an incredible playground that was large! I can't believe I've never known about this place and we've lived nearby for almost 5 years. It's kind of tucked back a little from the main roads.
The girls had fun in the blow up play places. Here Audrey is coming out of the moose's mouth.
Steve taking Audrey down the slide.
Olivia going by herself. I can't believe how brave she's getting. She would not have done this last summer for sure. 
We went home after this, took a nap, ate dinner, gave the girls a bath and then on to a huge field next to our Rec Center to watch the fireworks. My camera battery died of course when we got there so there are no more pictures of the rest of our night. The firework show was great but even better were 5 parachute jumpers that jumped from a plane and had fire coming out behind them so we could see them in the sky. One of them carried a HUGE flag and they came down to music. Very cool! Happy Birthday America! I hope you all had a great 4th too.
We went home after this, took a nap, ate dinner, gave the girls a bath and then on to a huge field next to our Rec Center to watch the fireworks. My camera battery died of course when we got there so there are no more pictures of the rest of our night. The firework show was great but even better were 5 parachute jumpers that jumped from a plane and had fire coming out behind them so we could see them in the sky. One of them carried a HUGE flag and they came down to music. Very cool! Happy Birthday America! I hope you all had a great 4th too.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh--the picture of just you and Olivia--you guys look like twins!! Thank-you for sharing your fun day with us--wish we could have been there with you--I'm sad when we're apart on holidays too! Love you all so much!!!!!
Post a Comment