Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Playing Catch Up

O.k. so the girls and I went on an 11 day excursion to Wyoming to visit my family about 3 weeks ago and I'm just now posting pictures.

Vacation Bible School
Olivia went to VBS with her cousins Sara and Faith this year. It took awhile for Olivia to warm up to the whole thing but she ended up having a lot of fun and made a really good friend Boo. On the last day they did a performance of the songs and actions they learned through the week. My sister-in-law Bethanne led the music and did a great job. She said Olivia really participated well and got into the actions every night. I wasn't able to go to the performance (boo hoo) because Audrey and I were very sick so my parents took pics and video for me. Although Olivia doesn't look very excited in these pictures, she stayed up there the whole time and did all the actions and songs. I'm so proud of her, especially if you remember her ballet recital where she just stood on the stage. This time she did it and Bethanne thinks she is coming out of her shell.

My mom said the little boy that is blurred was jumping up and down very fast the entire time.
Family Reunion on Pine Mountain
My Aunt Paula and my cousins Chelsea and Sam came to visit from Oregon and I haven't seen them since Audrey was 2 months old, so about 2 1/2 years ago. My Uncle Craig has a cabin on Pine Mountain about 1 1/2 hours outside Rock Springs so he had us all up for a little family reunion. I haven't been to the cabin in probably more than 10 years and I was so excited to go. I LOVE it there. It's so peaceful, it smells good, it reminds me of memories of my childhood when we would go up there more often and hike, etc. There is no electricity so it's roughing it but it's perfect.

Returning from a short hike

The gang (Not everyone could make it)

My dad and his siblings and mom
Left to Right (Dad, Aunt Paula, Grandma, Aunt Janna, Uncle Craig)

Just the siblings

Grandpa reading to the girls

They loved this tire horse swing

Aunt Jocelyn teaching Audrey how to make the bear climb the rope

I love these two. My Aunt Paula and cousin Chelsea, aren't they cute with their awesome hair?

I wish they lived closer!
That's all for now! I'll post more about our trip later, too many pictures and I'm one tired mama.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Looks like a fun trip!