"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings your glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain"
Mercy Me, "Bring the Rain"
Steve lost his job last October and he remains unemployed. He has had interviews for jobs that he hasn't gotten. Most recently we thought we were moving to Arizona because he had a friend who got him an interview with his company. It looked like we were in and that we would be moving soon. As much as we would hate to move, we were actually looking forward to having a job again so we were up for it. The last three weeks we have been getting really excited thinking this is it, this is the job God had waiting for Steve. Then a bomb came yesterday. The company went with another guy. Wow! My heart sank. Why God, why! I knew that if this door closed that meant God didn't want us there but it's still hard to take. Except that I know that this was His will for us so why is it hard to take.
Going through this job loss since October has been extremely difficult and we have been tested in many ways. BUT we have learned a lot through it too. I think we still have a lot to learn and I'm asking God to please help me understand what He wants me to get out of all this. I know He wants me to draw nearer to Him and I have more in the last months than I have in a long time BUT I'm at the point where I feel He is saying, "Hello, Heather! You need to make me your first priority, you need to fall on your knees and spend time with me, you need to NOT try and figure everything out on your own and you need to reach out to me more than you ever have and most importantly, you need to TRUST me, I will provide for you!" O.K. God, I'm listening.
The song posted above really speaks to me right now because I want my attitude to be that if takes heartache and difficulty to bring me closer to Him then Jesus, BRING THE RAIN!!!! That's hard to say because it's hard going through trials but if it brings Him glory then I want to be on board. There are so many people going through so many difficult things in their lives right now, I'm not the only one. BUT I do have a God who loves me more than I'll ever know. He won't leave me or forsake me.
Please pray for my attitude with all this because it hasn't been good. I don't want to be angry about my circumstances, I want to accept them and know that God has my best in mind and He will work all things out for His good. Pray that I will really draw nearer to Him and learn from this situation. Pray that Steve will find a job and that I will be patient.
I just had to get this off my chest. Life isn't always a bowl of cherries like it can sometimes seem when reading someone's blog but if it will bring me closer to my Father in Heaven then bring the rain!
Listen to this song if you can, it's great!


6 comments:
Praying for you guys...thanks for sharing more of how you feel.
Great song Heather! Thanks for sharing it, and what's been going on in your lives. Praying for you...God has the best in store yet!
wow, Heather... I had no idea you guys were going through this. I am in awe of your perspective. You and your family will be in my prayers for sure.
Heather I will definitely be praying for you and your husband. What exactly does your hubby do?
Oh Heather! I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I was optimystic for the job in Arizona too...my mom always tells me that God never gives you more than you can handle and that if a door closes a window will open! You guys will land on your feet better than ever with whatever plan God has in store for your family. Please know that we love you and are sending positive thoughts your way!
Thank you guys for your sweet comments and your prayers. Robin, my husband has been a medical sales representative. He is still applying for jobs for that but is thinking about changing career paths but not sure what he wants to do. And Erin, you are so right, God does promise he won't give us more than we can handle although sometimes I think I can't handle it but I know with His help I truly can.
Post a Comment