Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Belated Christmas and New Year!!!!!!!!

After some prompting from a friend (thanks Laura) I decided I better get back to the blogging world and update you all on our holidays. If only I would post a little bit at a time then blogging wouldn't seem so daunting to me but I wait until I have a ton of stuff to say and then it takes me forever. So since it's a new year I'm going to try and not be so wordy and fill you in on every little detail of my life because how boring is that. So here goes.

We went to Wyoming for Christmas to visit my family. We stayed with my older brother Troy, his wife, and four kids. Olivia had a blast. She played so well with her cousins that I hardly ever saw her. We were gone for about 9 days and I only checked my email twice and because the blogs I read are on my favorites list I didn't have the addresses with me so I couldn't read other blogs either. Wow! I thought that would be hard because I usually check my email several times a day and keep up with reading blogs almost every day. But it was a nice break. We've been back since New Year's Day and I am just now blogging. I'm definitely better at reading other people's blogs than I am at blogging. O.k. enough blabbing. Here are some pics. Oh yea, I only have a few pics of our holidays right now because I forgot my extra battery and charger for my camera. I took a lot with my mom's camera but since she has no idea how to load them on her computer and send them to me I won't be able to share them for awhile.

Christmas Eve was spent with my Dad's side of the family at my Uncle Craig's house. Great food, cozy house, snow falling outside, chestnuts roasting on his new wood burning stove, wonderful fellowship. It can't get much better than that.

My uncle Craig, cousin Hanna, and my cousin Chaney's baby Bjorn.
One of Santa's reindeer
My mom with Livi

Back at my brother's house all the kids opened one present before bed, their new p.j.'s

Uncle Mike and Audrey passed out after a long day

Olivia with her cousins Sara and Faith

My sister-in-law, Bethanne, and Audrey. Oh by the way, Bethanne and Troy surprised us all on Christmas Day that they are expecting their fifth child in June. Their youngest will be seven about a month after the baby is here so needless to say they were very surprised and not exactly planning for another baby. But God had other plans and knew that we needed another precious baby in our family. Everyone is very excited.
More pictures of Christmas Day and the rest of our trip to come when I get my mom's camera.

Not really related to this blog entry but just for fun. Steve and I went out last night with one of the Dr's that uses his product that he sales. We took him, his girlfriend, and his office assistant to dinner and an Avalanche Hockey game. We took a cab from the restaurant to the game but on the way back the line to catch a cab was long so we took a bicycle cab instead. Here we are with the little blankie they gave us to stay warm since it was like 35 degrees out. It was very cold once the bike started going but it was kinda fun.

1 comment:

Robin said...

glad you are back to blogging world. getting a little worried about you. glad all is swell!-robin