She beat me! I didn't even let her win.
Steve wanted to take the kids to McDonalds and let them play in the play land. Uh honey... have you met our kids. Olivia has always been timid about doing things, she is not a daredevil at all and has to have us right there by her side. Well, there was no way I was crawling through all the tubing because 1. I'm claustrophobic and 2. There were a ton of wild little boys screaming and racing through as fast as they could go bumping into each other. I don't blame Olivia but this is about how far she went the whole time...
Well, at least we got our pictures taken with Ronald McDonald. It wasn't easy to get the girls to sit close to him. Audrey cried for awhile before she finally smiled. Again, a little timid. That's o.k., I think I was like that too.
When we got home, she blew out candles from a last minute swing by Baskin Robins and get an ice cream cake because how can we let the day go by and not have a cake. Now that I think about it that was Steve's idea and I know how much he loves ice cream cakes, hmmm. Was it really for her or him? Just kidding honey.
I'll leave you with some funny things Olivia has said over this last year of her twos:
Some of these I have posted before but here they are in lump sum:
-"You were outside and I was losting you!"
-"We're playing hiding seek."
-My dad gave her some pine cones to throw in the water, she looked up at him and said, "You're a nice grandpa."
-Me-"Who's ready to go?" Olivia-"Me." Me- "You are?" Olivia-"Yep, am are."
-Talking to another kid who was looking at her insulin pump she said, "It's my biabetus. It makes me sick in my toe."
-She looked into her Happy Meal and said, "Hey, what's the big idea?"
-To Audrey she said, "I love you baby sister. You're my best friend."
-She wanted me to read another story after I said last one. She kissed me and said, "I love you mom!" I said, "You're such a little manipulator." and she said, "I'm not a nipulator."
-October 2007, "Mom, I pooped!" Me-"O.k." Her-"Mom, I pooped again." Me-"O.k. honey, that's great." Her-"Mom, I pooped in the dryer." Me-"WHAT?" Yes, it's true and disgusting but she crawled inside the dryer after already going in the toilet and voila. I cleaned it thoroughly with disinfectant. Oooo, gross!
-December 2007 she kept saying to everyone, "What's wrong with everybody?" or "Mom, something's wrong with everybody." To myself-Ya, what is wrong with everybody? Hee hee.
-We were eating dinner and she said, "This is the worst idea I ever heard of in my whole life."
-She calls magazines, "mazagines"
-She calls strawberry shortcake, "strawberry cortcake"
-She says "hedick" instead of headache.
-This morning we were eating breakfast and she said, "Maybe we should move onto dessert."


3 comments:
I'm so glad you posted these darling pictures of my sweethearts birthday.
(especially since I couldn't be there this year--BOO HOO). The sayings are precious and made me laugh, laugh, laugh!!! I love you all--see you in a couple weeks--yea!!!!!!!Grandma Barbara
Fun post! Just when I thought Olivia was as cute as she could be, she gets even cuter. Thanks for sharing all her sayings. I loved them.
I'm cracking up at Olivia. maybe you should make a little book on 2 year-old sayings.
Post a Comment