Tuesday, October 30, 2007
There are no monsters, there's Jesus!
Today Olivia created a new game. Here's what happens. I had to lay in Olivia's bed and pretend like I was crying. She would be outside the door and would come in when I cried. She would come over to the side of the bed and rub my arm and say, "It's o.k. sweetheart. Everything is o.k. There are no scary monsters, there's Jesus. " I would tell her not to leave me because that's what she always does in real life and when I would do that she would say o.k. and crawl in bed with me and pretend to sleep. She would then say, "I have to go now.", and leave the room. Before she left the room she would tell me to cry again. This so called game of hers repeated itself a dozen times before this mommy could take no more. I wondered if she would ever want to stop repeating the same thing over and over but she didn't seem like she would stop if I didn't. She wanted to play it before nap and I said we could after her nap. She has a great memory. After nap we were downstairs and she said, "Oh yeah mom, we forgot to play the game. " I said, "What?" She said, " You know the game upstairs in my bed." I said, "Oh yeah, how could I forget." We ventured upstairs to play this game at least another dozen times." Oh the sacrifices we make as moms to entertain our children. But it was so cute that she was acting like I do. Steve and I tell her there are no monsters and that Jesus is here and she copies us. So cute. And she kept calling me sweetheart. She calls Audrey sweetheart and darling sometimes. She'll say to Audrey, "Come here my darling." I don't call them darling so I don't know where she got that from but it's funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The stories you tell of Olivia crack me up. I'm so excited to see her again. Oh yeah, and we get an extra special treat this weekend... we get to see steve before we get to see steve again in a few weeks. heeheehee.
Post a Comment