When I was young, my sister was always right there next to me enjoying the show too. So I found it actually very emotional to be sitting there remembering the excitement from the past and having my sister with me. I teared up several times and almost lost it in the beginning when the lights, music, and skaters first came out. It was surprisingly harder than I imagined being there. (For those of you who don't know, my sister passed away almost 22 years ago.) I don't get choked up about her much anymore but I really did that night. I'm glad my girls have each other to experience this with too.
They each got to pick one toy from Grandma. Audrey chose a Belle disney doll and oddly enough Olivia chose a BIG stuffed animal of the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. Out of all the princess stuff to choose from she chose this big ugly beast. I think when the Beast came out on the ice my mom told Olivia that the Beast was her favorite and I think that is why Olivia decided he was her favorite too. Audrey wore her Tinker Bell costume to the show. Her little arm is taped up because she burnt herself on my curling iron earlier that morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment