Friday, September 10, 2010

Olivia's first day of Kindergarten at Options

Awwwww! My little kindergartner! She looks so grown up, I can't believe it. I thought about this day five years ago after she was born and thought it will be forever before she is in Kindergarten and here it is. That went by fast. So on Fridays Olivia will be attending a program for homeschoolers called Options. She will be in a Kindergarten class with a teacher and other little kiddos her age. She'll get to do Art, Spanish, Music, P.E., recess, Math, Language, and other fun stuff. She'll have picture day, field trips, field day, kindergarten graduation and other events that we may not do at home. I'm excited for her! I think she'll do great. It will be nice to have one day a week with Audrey and Owen so I can give them some more one on one time.

Here she is waiting in line in the morning to walk to her room with her class. My friend Lanee's little boy Aidan is right behind her. I'm so glad they are in class together. The lady at the front of the line is the assistant who helps in the class. She will be the one who helps with Olivia's diabetes care.

Here she is with her Spanish/Music teacher.

And P.E., she loved it!
I stayed with her for the whole first day because I needed to train several people on how to use her pump and help her check her blood sugar if she wants help. They were so awesome and helpful. There are several other diabetics at the school so they have been through this before which was comforting. Overall, her first day was great. I think she is really going to enjoy Options.
Oh and by the way, I didn't cry! I was with her the whole day so maybe that's why and maybe also because I know it's just one day a week and she won't be without me for 5 days a week. It was still a little sad knowing that my first has entered Kindergarten. Slow down time, slow down.

No comments: