This year for Audrey's birthday we got to celebrate with the Oklahoma Lees. This is the first time we have been in Oklahoma for one of our kids' birthdays so that was fun. My niece Macie had her 19th birthday in August too so we did a combined birthday party for them. The decorations were Tinker Bell and the cupcakes were made by my sister-in-law Shelley (Macie's mom). They were yummy.
On her actual birthday (8/31) she opened a few gifts from her grandma and grandpa Thompson and her cousins from Wyoming at Mamoose and Papaw's house.
Audrey's FAVORITE things to play with are her Alvin and the Chipmunk animals. She will play all day with them. She takes them in the car, outside, to bed with her. They are everywhere. So Olivia drew Simon and Alvin on the chalkboard for her and they turned out so cute.
She is taking about 3-4 naps a week now but sometimes on the days I don't give her a nap she just can't make it. I found her in the living room passed out.
Audrey weighs about 32 lbs. and is 3 ft. 3 1/2" tall. She is still our "Little Bit".
She is not afraid of anything. Olivia never liked to leave my side at her age if we were out in public. Not Audrey, she tries to leave my side and disappear and if she can't find me, she's o.k. with that, not afraid at all. If we are out and we need to leave I'll say, "Bye Audrey." and start walking off so that she'll realize I'm leaving and want to go but a lot of times she just lets me leave and won't follow me. She has also figured me out and I knows I won't leave her.
She is not afraid of anything. Olivia never liked to leave my side at her age if we were out in public. Not Audrey, she tries to leave my side and disappear and if she can't find me, she's o.k. with that, not afraid at all. If we are out and we need to leave I'll say, "Bye Audrey." and start walking off so that she'll realize I'm leaving and want to go but a lot of times she just lets me leave and won't follow me. She has also figured me out and I knows I won't leave her.
She is my FIESTY girl. She may be a Lil' Bit but she is full of vim and vigor. I love her so much! She cracks me up. She can hold her own too. If Olivia and her are wrestling Audrey often takes her down. She is so strong. It's funny to watch because Olivia is so tall for her age and Audrey is tiny for her age so to see this little thing take down her big sister is hilarious.
She loves to sing soooooo much, she will sing at the top of her lungs. She will sing all day some days. She loves to listen to music. Lately she has been saying "Oh ya baby!" and it sounds so funny. One day my friend kept her and later told me that she kept calling her son dude.
The other night I was laying by her after she woke up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. After awhile she said, "Mommy, do you want to go back to your bed?" I said, "Yes." She said, "You can go. I will see you in the morning." It was so cute. She also LOVES her back tickled.
She can't say all of her letters when she talks so instead of yellow, she says lellow. I can't think of the other funny words she says so I'll come back and post them later when I hear her say them.
A funny thing she said recently to Steve - "Dad, I screamed so loud when I was pooping that Santa, Jesus, and God probably heard me!"
Happy Birthday sweet girl!
A funny thing she said recently to Steve - "Dad, I screamed so loud when I was pooping that Santa, Jesus, and God probably heard me!"
Happy Birthday sweet girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment