Thursday, July 08, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Olivia and Audrey started swimming lessons this summer and were in the same class. These pictures are from the last day of class of the first level. The picture above is of their class. Their main teacher was out for the last week because of a knee injury so she had a substitute teacher and then the gal on the right helped a lot in their class. They both did a good job. John, their teacher, said he has been teaching for years and this was the best Level 1 class he has had.

Sliding down the water slide was a treat on the last day of class. Olivia did it but Audrey would not. I don't blame her. She is so little and the slide was very big.

My girls last summer wouldn't get in the water most of the time unless they were wrapped around an adult. They wouldn't put their faces in the water. Now, they will go completely under water, jump into the pool from the side to the teacher, etc. They both passed to Level 2. I think Audrey could have repeated Level 1 but he thought that if she was with Olivia in Level 2 and she had a girl teacher that she would be fine.

I get so tickled watching them. New things they accomplish make my heart swell with joy. I fell giddy and I sit their with a huge smile that no one can wipe of my face if they tried. I'm so proud of them.

Audrey with her teacher's helper Katie. Audrey and Katie had a special bond. The first few weeks Audrey's teacher John was her only teacher. She has a harder time warming up to guys rather than girls. So initially she didn't want John to hold her and help her swim. He then brought Katie on board and Audrey just loved that. Katie knew that Audrey wanted to be with just her so she took Audrey more than the other kids who would go with John.

No comments: