Tuesday, July 06, 2010

More 4th of July Weekend Fun

We were supposed to go to my Uncle Craig's cabin for the 4th but we drove half way out there and it was raining and hailing very hard so we decided to turn back. The second half of the trip would have been on dirt road that is very bumpy and difficult so we were thinking we might get stuck and not make it. We ended up spending the day at my grandma Thompson's house and it was so nice to visit with my relatives. BUT I was very disappointed we didn't go to the cabin. Steve has never been there and it holds many memories from my childhood there and I couldn't wait to show him. It is very rustic with no electricity, a wood stove, an outhouse, etc. but it is so beautiful and peaceful. I love to go on hikes and I wanted to take my family on a hike up the mountain to a spring that comes out of the mountain where we drink fresh water. Oh well, maybe next year.

Olivia did not know what to think of the sparklers, she was a little scared to hold them.

Olivia and Faith had so much fun together this trip.

Audrey loves her Sara

Several times I would look back to the back seat when we were traveling back to Colorado and this is what I would see---

He would just stare at me for the longest time and then I would look at him and he would get the biggest grin ever.

No comments: