Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I've Been Blessed...

...with 35 years of life! And with a wonderful family to celebrate with on my birthday.

We went to dinner and then the girls and Steve surprised me with an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins filled with my FAVORITE ice cream Pralines and Cream. YUMMO!! They also got me a Carrie Underwood CD.
Turning 35 has got me thinking. I'm not in my early 30's anymore. I'm now mid 30's approaching the later 30's. I remember when I was in my early 20's and thinking wow, the 30's are so far away and mid 30 people are so much older and more mature. But now that I'm here, I don't feel that much older. Well, my body is starting to feel older but I still feel like I'm on the young side but do my teenage nieces and nephews view me as a lot older. I'm no longer in the 34 and younger group that they consider lower risk for having babies. Now if I have baby they will put me in a riskier group because of my age. Ugh!! I remember my mom in her 30's because I was between the ages of 9-17 during that time. She was my mom but she was so much older but now I think, "I'm the same age she was then but she seemed so much older to me, but now that I'm here she really wasn't." O.k. now, I'm getting too deep even for myself. Oh well, I'm happy where I'm at and I'm glad I don't think I'm as old as I thought people were when I was in my early 20's. I'm still a spring chicken, right???

2 comments:

Dad said...

Just a baby! (Daddy's little girl)

Vanessa Lee said...

with ya! i know right? so strange!