The best part of the whole day was when we were riding through our community there were a lot of people outside because there was a community garage sale and Olivia kept saying "Hello" to everyone she saw. And this is the conversation that followed:
Steve: Why are you saying hello to everyone you see?
Olivia: Because they are precious in God's eyes. (We have been teaching them about the 'preciousness of others' or the value of others - something we learned in a parenting class.)
And because God loves them.
Soon after we came to some really pretty rolling grass and:
Olivia: Oh how beautiful it is!
Steve: You know what's beautiful is you and me on a bike ride together.
Olivia: I just love family bike rides!
Olivia: I love my sister, I just want to kiss her little lips.
Later we were crossing a busy street and Steve and Livi were ahead of us. Olivia was very worried that we weren't going to make it across the rode and someone might hit us. Audrey heard her and yelled out, "It's o.k. sis, I'll be fine."
You know it's not everyday that you hear siblings talk lovingly toward each other but when they do it's so awesome. Sometimes bickering can just get to you so when I hear them like this it makes me smile. They do love and care about each other.


2 comments:
Well I will have to say that is the cutest thing. I didn't even know they made such things as a bike trailer. Great idea and exercise for all. Have fun. And the conversation was priceless. Also proud that Steve wants to take time and enjoy his sweet family that the Lord has given him. Praise the Lord.
sounds fun. miss you guys!
Post a Comment