Saturday, May 02, 2009

Baby Lee #3 is on its way!!!

Yes, it's true. We are expecting another baby around November 9th and we are super excited for the new addition to our family. I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant and just starting to feel better. Man has this been a whopper of pregnancy so far. I was a little sick with my girls but not too bad but this one, whew! For at least 4 weeks I was very sick, nauseous all day long! I could barely move off the couch and my girls watched more cartoons than I like but I really just needed quiet and not a lot of interruptions. I'm glad that part is over, I was feeling like a terrible mom.

We told the girls a little over a week ago and we thought they would be thrilled. Olivia for months has been saying she wants a baby brother. We got the video camera out to capture their expressions and we told them. Olivia was mad!!! She got the meanest look on her face and said she wasn't excited and didn't like babies. Well, I was sad and didn't know why she would act like this but then later that night we were praying. I had Audrey repeat after me and pray for the baby. After, Olivia told me she loved me and was excited for the baby in my belly!!! Since then, she talks about it a lot and is excited. She always asks how big it is now. It's about the size of a lime, well that's what it was last week anyway. Audrey asked me once, "Mom, you're getting in the shower with your baby?" Uh yeah, I kind of have to.

We told my parents by handing them a small cherry tomato and asking them what they thought it represents? (They were here around Easter so I was 10 weeks then). Then we told them it was the size of their 8th grandchild. When Steve's parents were here last week we handed them a red potato because we didn't have a lime. It will be there 6th grandchild.

I got to hear the heartbeat yesterday and that is always one of the best sounds in the world. I almost cried. Then my midwife asked me if I was sure of the date of my last cycle. I said yes. She said she thought I was measuring big, like 5 weeks bigger. WHAT? I'm not even showing really, and I always show by 18 weeks. She sent me for an ultrasound to find out if my due date is right and also to see if there was just one baby. Well, there is just one and I'm measuring where I should be. The tech said if we take into consideration the head and the crown to rump length then I'm measuring a week bigger but she said that is not as accurate as the femur bone and something else in the brain which are measuring right around 13 weeks. I don't know why my midwife thought I was so much bigger. All the ultrasound tech could say was maybe my uterus was contracting when she measured and that made it a little bigger. WEIRD! Anyway, I got to see the baby move its' arms and legs and see its' little spine and big head. I've never had an ultrasound this early so that was fun even though it turned out to be unnecessary.

7 comments:

Soli Deo Gloria said...

Yey, we're so excited for you guys. Glad you had a fun time at your ultrasound :)And that Oliva is warming up well to the idea of a baby!

Laura said...

So exciting Heather!!! I'm sure you're hubby is pulling for a boy to balance out the estrogen in that house!

Laura said...

oh, I hate that.... I wrote "you're" when I meant "your" Darn that Hillsdale education!!

Beth said...

Congrats again Heather! What a blessing...

Erin said...

That's great news! I'm so happy for your family. Maybe this time it'll be a little boy...but girls are great!

Gpa Dale & Gma Barbara said...

Praise God for another beautiful, precious little Lee!!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL------

Vanessa Lee said...

ya! we are happy for you guys! I felt like a terrible mom too when i was pregnant with liam. It was awful. but all worth it of course!