Our pastor called us and told us they were canceling services for the morning because of the conditions. Wow, really. It turned out that we didn't get as much snow as they thought we'd get and by noon the roads were just slushy. So we just stayed in today in our pajamas and cuddled up. The temperature from yesterday to today went from 78 degrees to about 34 degrees. Wow, but thank you God for a beautiful 1st day of March. We loved the little tease of Spring to come.
Sunday, March 02, 2008
What Happened?
Yesterday, I was driving around in my car wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, socks, and shoes and I was sweating to death. I looked at the temperature on my car's dash at it said 78 degrees. Wow! Why was I wearing winter clothes? Well maybe because it was March 1st, the month in Colorado where we get the most snow. Everyone walking around was wearing shorts, short-sleeved shirts, sandals. It was a gorgeous day. Then, I couldn't sleep last night because the wind picked up and it was so loud and kinda scary. I looked outside at 2:30 a.m. and saw my trees almost bent in half it was blowing so hard. The worst wind I think I've seen and I used to live in Wyoming. Maybe I've been gone so long that my memory is failing me but this was really bad. When we woke up this morning there was snow and it looked like a blizzard with the wind. This picture doesn't do the wind and blizzard conditions justice. It was worse, believe me.

Our pastor called us and told us they were canceling services for the morning because of the conditions. Wow, really. It turned out that we didn't get as much snow as they thought we'd get and by noon the roads were just slushy. So we just stayed in today in our pajamas and cuddled up. The temperature from yesterday to today went from 78 degrees to about 34 degrees. Wow, but thank you God for a beautiful 1st day of March. We loved the little tease of Spring to come.
Our pastor called us and told us they were canceling services for the morning because of the conditions. Wow, really. It turned out that we didn't get as much snow as they thought we'd get and by noon the roads were just slushy. So we just stayed in today in our pajamas and cuddled up. The temperature from yesterday to today went from 78 degrees to about 34 degrees. Wow, but thank you God for a beautiful 1st day of March. We loved the little tease of Spring to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
hey, heather. just caught up with your blog. YOu've been a great blogger lately. I'm not nearly as sick as last time but I'm not feeling too hot. And I've been extremely lazy so I haven't been on the computer much. I enjoyed the read.
Post a Comment