Saturday, February 09, 2008

My sister would be 31 today

If my sister Amber were still alive she would be 31 today. We were only 19 months apart so I often think about how close we would be today. For those of you who don't know, Amber was killed in a car accident in 1989 at age 12, almost 19 years ago. What would she look like if she were alive today, what would she be doing, would she be married and have children, would we live close? I miss her a lot and can see my sister and I when I look at my girls sometimes. Olivia and Audrey are also 19 months apart so they will grow up close like we did and I can't wait for them to hopefully be best friends like we were. People often mistook us as twins when we were little, we were very close. I miss that sister relationship a lot, I love my brothers very much but there is just nothing like a sister. Happy Birthday Ammie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so strong! Do you have other siblings? I'm sending you a big hug today! (oh, I got to you thanks to Ms. Mulloy!)

Suni Jones said...

I didn't know about that. I am so sorry. I hope you are doing well.

Vanessa Lee said...

That makes me sad. I'm so sad. Wish there was something I could say... but there isn't. Thanks for sharing, Heather.

Heather said...

Hi mkb,

This is Megan from Hillsdale, right? I hope so! Good to hear from you, I've missed you. Yes, I do have two brothers, one 6 years older, the other 6 years younger.