Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 2nd - Our 5th Anniversary


O.k. so this blog is a little past due but I told you to stay tuned. I'll get around to it, even if it is 21 days after our anniversary. So we made it to our 5th anniversary and we still like each other. I can't believe it's already been five years. Today we were on a walk with the girls and I said, "Remember when we used to go on walks when it was just the two of us and now we have two kids." Crazy, that felt like just the other day. Anyway, I couldn't think of an amazing gift this year but thought I should since it has been 5 years. Sad to say but many gift giving days we both just say, "Let's not do gifts this time." We do it to save money and also because we don't always feel like making a big deal out of every special day. But this year was different. We didn't say, "Let's not do gifts, but we didn't say we were either." I thought and thought and finally it hit me. Steve has been wanting a flat screen t.v. since I first met him. He talks about how much he would love to watch football on a high definition flat screen t.v. So if any of you know me well, you will understand when I say I started a flat screen t.v. fund. I learned from reading a book called Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey that if you want something that you should save the money until you can afford to buy it with cash instead of using a credit card. Well, that's what I do. I have funds for everything. We have had the t.v. fund for awhile now and he'll put money he gets for his birthday and Christmas in there and when we have a little extra I'll add some to the fund. Well, with our tax refund money and the fund money we finally had enough for the t.v. but since I do the bills Steve wasn't quite aware that we had enough money for it yet. Well, I called my little brother Mikey, and asked if he could help me out. He offered to help, he went and picked up the t.v. and came to my house and we stayed up very late getting it up on the wall. Thanks Mikey, you are the bomb! Steve came home from a business trip the night of our anniversary. He walked in the door and we all acted as if we were just hanging out watching t.v. He was so surprised, he did not have any idea and didn't think I would ever have done that. (I'm not as good with surprises as he is.) He got it just in time for football season so he is excited. And did he get me anything? It doesn't matter. The t.v. was enough for the both of us probably for several more birthdays, Christmases, anniversaries, and Valentine's Days.His surprised look


5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! I give up. I can't compete with that. You win. You're the best wife ever. I feel better now that I can quit trying.

Anonymous said...

WOW heather---you are the BOMB!!!!!!!Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. Annie you are hilarious!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the look on his face. Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

I like those tickers. I do not know why the one I had up would not show up today. Anyway, I put up a different countdown. Maybe if this one disappers I will go to lilypad. Thanks.