We are at it again. It's time to raise money again for the Walk to Cure Diabetes. I sent out an email to most of you but I may have some readers that I don't have email addresses for so just in case you would like to help out read below. The email I sent went like this:
Hi everyone,
It's time again to raise money for the 2007 Walk to Cure Diabetes. Last year was our first year to do this and amazingly we raised around $3000.00. We would like to do that again if possible with your help. Please check out our website at http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=86735696
You can donate online through our website or send a check made out to JDRF to our address at (I've taken our address out just in this blog for security reasons. If you are interested in sending through the mail email me at heather.lee@careerspear.com and I will forward my address to you.) We appreciate anything and if you're not able to give at this time, your prayers would be even more important to us.
Thank you in advance,
Heather and Steve
P.S. A little update: Olivia has been wearing an insulin pump for about one year now and it has been better than giving many shots a day. It's still not easy and we still have to poke her fingers to check her blood sugar and insert a needle every 2-3 days that stays in her body. Something funny she said to another little kid checking out her pump, "That's my cord (where her insulin goes from the pump into her body). It makes me feel better." She was trying to explain to him that wearing her pump makes her feel better. She doesn't quite understand it yet at 2 1/2 but she's starting to get it. Sometimes when she has low blood sugar she'll say "Momma, I'm low. I need a snack." or "Mom, I don't feel good." Please pray for her. She still has quite a few high and low blood sugars that make her feel bad. Please pray for Steve and I as we parent our 2 year old who not only is going through being a 2 year old but also may or may not be feeling well because of this disease. Don't forget to read the poem Steve wrote for her on the website.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh Heddi, I have to tell you when I read the part where Olivia tells the other little child, "That's my cord---it makes me feel better" I just burst into tears. I pray every day that researchers will find a cure very soon for this disease that affects may precious Olivia and millions of others every single day! I love you, Mom
Post a Comment