Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oklahoma Bound

Well, on Friday morning we will be off to Oklahoma to visit Steve's family and friends. We are flying this time because we have frequent flyer miles to use but the bad thing is Steve is flying one airline and Olivia and I are flying a different one. ARRRGGH! It's only an hour and a half flight so maybe it won't be too bad and if Olivia is hard to handle on the way there, Steve may fly with her on the way home. She has to sit on my lap because she's free and the thing is I don't have much of a lap these days with the baby sticking way out there so this should be interesting. Anyway, Olivia is going to be in her first parade on Saturday. The church Steve's parents attend participates in this parade and they want us to come along. She will be dressed in her jean skirt, red shirt, and her new red cowboy boots. I'm sure there will be pictures that I'll post later. So we will be in Oklahoma for 10 days and I will try and blog a few times while there but we'll see. If not, you'll know why.

Oh, one funny thing. Olivia has seen Dora the Explorer, a cartoon on t.v., a few times. I didn't realize that she learned a song on there but she goes around singing, "Bak pa, bak pa" a lot because one song they sing is Back Pack, Back Pack. Well, when we were in K-Mart the other day she started singing that song and I wondered why she started singing it. I looked over and Dora was on a lawn chair. I couldn't believe the my 17 month old daughted recognized Dora and started singing that song, especially because she has only seen it a few times. I guess kids are smarter than I thought at that age. I just thought it was cute.

No comments: