






We spent Father's Day with my parents and my brother Mike. My mom and I first served our hubbies breakfast in bed with a Cinnabon and coffee. Well, my dad wasn't in bed because he was already up so he ate on the couch and I made Steve go back to bed and wait. Serving breakfast in bed was my mom's idea to do for my dad but I stole it from her and did it also. Then off to church we went. After church we had a great meal at P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro. Yum yum!! Then we ventured to the mountains up to Evergreen, CO to look at some land for sale that my brother wanted to check out. What a beautiful drive and what an incredible place it would be to live. The roads were a little curvy for me at times but the scenery was awesome. Now we are about ready to have some ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. What a fun day! I think the dads really enjoyed it.
My mom has been here since last Saturday and my dad arrived last Tuesday. Olivia and I went with them to a family church camp near Divide, CO about 30 miles west of Colorado Springs. We were there Thursday through Saturday. It was a lot of fun but a little chilly. I took Olivia swimming to an indoor pool but she hasn't been in a pool since last summer so she was a little hesitant at first. O.K. very hesitant. She clung to me like glue. She finally calmed down and sat with me on the steps of the pool and just splashed.
Earlier this week I went to lunch with some friends from Rock Springs where I grew up. Debbie and Missy came down to Denver for one day with their hubbies. While their husbands were at a seminar or classes for work, Debbie, Missy, and I along with Vicki, who also grew up in Rock Springs but now lives 30 minutes from me, all went to lunch. It was so nice to see them and catch up on our lives and our kids. Missy has a son with Cystic Fibrosis and a rare bone disease so we shared stories of our daily so called treatments that we have to administer to our children. Even though our kids have different diseases we still have similarities as far as what we have to do daily to keep our children alive. Different treatments but still it sets us apart from what a family without these diseases has to do. If you think about it please pray for Missy's son Josh and my baby Olivia. Josh is 8 years old and struggles with his disease and that he can't do everything that other kids can. I know Olivia will someday have days like this where she will get frustrated with her disease too. Please also pray for their parents, Missy and Brian, and Steve and I because we have good and bad days too. It's hard to watch your children go through these trials and we just pray it makes them and us stronger, and it will because God promises us that.
The first pictures here are from Father's Day. The pic of Steve, Olivia, and I is our family sandwich. We tell Olivia "Family Sandwich" and she hugs us both and we all say "Ohhhhh!" It's so funny! I showed her the picture on my digital camera and said, "Look, family sandwich!" and then she said "Ohhhh!" and hugged the camera like she was hugging us, it cracked me up. One of the pics is of Olivia and my cousin's daughter Katie holding hands on a walk at family camp. Olivia just started holding hands with people. The last pic I couldn't resist, we had her hair in pigtails on top of her head and when we took the rubber bands out this is how she looked, very silly. Well, that's all for now. My parents leave tomorrow and I need to catch up on tasks at home. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.


1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I love piggie tails!
Post a Comment