O.k. so I've promised some of you I would post pictures of our new house but I just can't seem to get around to it. Before Steve's sister visited I took pictures of every room of the house when it was really clean but it was with one of the disposable cameras so they didn't turn out. So here are a few I've taken over the last 4 months. I will add more to it later. I wish I would have got a pic without the trash cans above but oh well.
We have two beautiful willow trees, one in the front and the other in the backyard.
Our living room. This room was painted blue (see the below picture) when we moved in and my dad and Steve painted it red to match our furniture. We found the furniture and loved it because it was darker than our old couches which are white and NOT kid friendly. My friend Vicki came to visit and told me that she has that same furniture and I completely didn't realize it when we bought it. Crazy. She has great taste and I don't think I always do so I was happy that I chose something that she did.
The kitchen. Steve and a friend put up the hanging pan rack. Before there were big long fluorescent light bulbs with an ugly cover. Steve has always wanted a hanging pan rack.
Kitchen nook and small desk area.
The formal living room. This is the first room when you walk in the front door. And there are the white couches. My mom cleaned them up real nice. We got rid of the long couch because it would not have cleaned up well, it had seen better days. We have since hung pictures so it looks a little different from this photo.
I love our backyard. I feel like I am in a mini forest of trees. This is looking down from the upper balcony.

LOVE the gazebo and fire pit. We already roasted marshmallows and hot dogs which was a lot of fun.

A pic of my favorite tree is below! I think this would be the perfect tree for my boys to climb when they get older. It gives us so much shade in the backyard. Unfortunately we may not have it much longer. The first snow we had here in Denver this year came when the leaves hadn't fallen off the trees and it was very wet heavy snow and it caused this willow to lose two big parts of the trunk. Some men came and cut those parts down and left the middle and one other part. It may last a little longer but probably will die or fall over because it's not as stable now. I was so heartbroken when I looked out our window and saw it, I almost cried.
From the lower balcony (above) the previous owners told us that we have the best view of the fireworks show that Broomfield sets off in the field across from our backyard. My girls are very excited about that. Although the trampoline now has a protective netting around it so I'm not sure we can see as well with that but we'll see.
There are two little garden areas full of all different kinds of plants. My grandma found some raspberry bushes and I think strawberry bushes. I do not have a green thumb when it comes to gardening so I'm a little worried but the previous owner told me that many of the plants are perennials so I won't have to do much with them. Whew!



Well, that's it for now. Once I take pictures of the rest of the house I'll update this post and let you know.





1 comment:
Lovely!! Looks like you have so much more room!
~Grace
Post a Comment