Sunday, January 24, 2010
We've Been Blessed
God is so good. Most of you know that our family has been through some trials lately. After 10 months of being unemployed, Steve found a job this past September but it does not pay well. If he can make more commission it would be better but for now it's very low. We are at the opposite end of the spectrum these days than we were two years ago. We have really cut back and are living on a LOT less than we were. That's a big adjustment and one we are still trying to figure out and manage. If this job doesn't produce more commission, Steve will need to get another job to provide for us. Anyway, this whole time God has provided and we have stretched our money big time. Lately, it's been a little scary for me and I'm not liking this side of it like I did when we were comfortable. Yet, this is where God has us right now and I'm striving to be content where we are. This past Friday I went to the mailbox and inside I found a card from an anonymous person or family. It was all typed out so I it wasn't like I could try and figure out whose handwriting it was. The note said, "Praying for more work for Steve. May you find joy and peace in God even during this trial." Inside the card was a gift card to King Soopers where we grocery shop. Wow! I'm still sitting with my mouth open in amazement that someone would do that for us. God works in mysterious ways and he has blessed us through this anonymous person/family. I'm telling you I sat in with tears welling up in my eyes after I opened that card. God told us He would not forsake us and He hasn't. He is so good! I don't know who this person is but if you read my blog, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I may never know who you are but just know that we have truly been blessed with this gift. Steve already used the card on Saturday and it made a big difference on the total bill. Last year, we also received an anonymous donation when someone put an envelope in the offering plate at church addressed to Steve and I. Thank you also to this person or family. It came at just the right time and it was so unexpected. I hope that someday we can make more money, enough that we can pay it forward and that God can use us to bless another family or families who are struggling. I am very humbled and grateful. God is taking us on a journey that we may not have planned for ourselves, but He has been with us every step of the way and I am thankful to Him for so much. And to the person who sent us this gift, I am finding joy and peace in God during this trial and it's things like this that remind me of the goodness of God and His people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
that's really neat :)
Thanks for telling of God's blessings on your family's life. That glorifies Him in so many ways-acknowledging that He is faithful to provide at just the right times while growing your faith.
He is indeed faithful and sufficient to meet our every need. Praise, honor and glory be to His holy name.
Post a Comment