Saturday, July 07, 2007

Audrey's 1st 4th of July


So this is the first 4th that Steve and I have spent together that we weren't either in Wyoming up at Grandma's cabin or in Oklahoma with Steve's family and friends. I was thinking what do we do. Then my cousin Annie called and invited us to Limon, CO for a BBQ. Yeah, we had something to do. It was a great BBQ! And yummy food, I ate so much I was almost sick. You really know how to throw a party cousin. Olivia had a blast with her cousins Katie and Titus. Annie's husband Matt put on a very good firework show for us in their backyard. And we could see the fireworks that the city of Limon arranged.


This is Olivia with Matt's dad Bud Powell. When Olivia saw him she ran up to him and gave him a big hug. (The last time she saw him she was very little so she doesn't even know who he is .) She kept calling him Santa. She followed him around for about the 1st 5 minutes showing him everything. "Look at the sand Santa." "Santa, look at this." It was hilarious. He said he gets it all the time. I wonder why, hee hee.


Olivia with Katie and Titus. They kept singing, "We're so squished, we're so squished."

Olivia holding her 1st sparkler. She loved it.

When my Matt started the fireworks they were kind of loud. She ran over to me and said, "I'm not scared momma, Jesus is here." I had to smile because at night when she is scared I say, "Don't worry honey, Jesus is here, he'll protect you." I'm glad she remembers that for other times that might be scary like loud fireworks.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Throwing a good party is about inviting the right people. You are the right people. Thanks for coming!

striving... said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. And Santa was there too. Christmas in July, hee, hee.

Vanessa Lee said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm still laughing about Santa. hehehe : )