Olivia is saying more funny things. The other day my dad asked her "What are you doing Olivia?" to which she replied, "Oh, just hanging out with Ollie?'' Ollie is my parents' dog whom Olivia loves. And now when we ask her what she's doing she often says, "Oh, just hanging out."
Yesterday we were praying and at the end of the prayer instead of saying "Amen" she said "Be end". See, at the end of reading a book she'll say "Be End" because I guess when we say The End it must sound like Be End. Anyway, I thought it was funny that she said Be End at the end of the prayer like we just finished a story. Also, instead of saying "I have to read a story or I have to eat my lunch" she'll say, "I haffer read a story or I haffer eat my lunch." It must sound like that to her when we say it.
Olivia calls my sister-in-law Bethanne, Uncle Bee. We tell her she is Aunt Bee but I think because she is around my younger brother Michael so much and she only sees Aunt Bee every few months she is just used to saying Uncle. So when we were back in Wyoming recently she kept calling Bethanne, Uncle Bee. When we pray at night she often thanks God for everyone in our family and always says "Thank you for Uncle Bee and Uncle Troy." Hee Hee.
Sometimes when she counts she will count up to ten and then say "..eleventeen, twelveteen, thirteen..." And the other day I asked her how old she was and she said, "Oh, tirty." And a few days ago after I woke up, Steve and Olivia had already been up, I asked Olivia, "Did daddy check your blood sugar already?" She said, "Yes." I said, "What was it?" She said, "Oh, tirty-eight." She said it so matter a factly like that was for sure what it was. It's amazing to me that she even knew to respond with a number. So much fun.
Today, Olivia and I ate dinner out on her new picnic table (Steve's out of town and Audrey was napping) and we were sitting across from each other and out of the blue she said to me, "You're so cute." Then she giggles and said, "I love you a whole much." I must tell her that she's so cute all the time and so she just remembered and copied me. Silly girl, but it was so cute and we giggled.
I haven't blogged in awhile because I've been busy. Here are some pics to go along with what's been going in our lives since I blogged last. Remember that it's been over a month since the last pics so that's why there are quite a few.
Audrey's last day of Music class
Olivia's last day of Music class
Breakfast in bed on Mother's Day (Thanks Honey!)
Steve called me from his cell and said, "Come outside, you won't believe this." I ventured outside and I could not believe my eyes. My husband had bought a new grill and because he couldn't fit it in the car, he and and the nice employees at Home Depot tied it to the roof of his car and he drove all the way home like that. Cracked me up. It looked very silly.
Olivia and her buddy Paityn spending time together.
Her mom Vicki and I were good friends or (BFF's) growing up too.
Olivia with my dad's cousin's son's kids. So what does that make them like 5th cousins or something? Confusing
Went to Salt Lake City and visited my BFF Joy and her kids and hubby.
In this pic at the top is my niece Sara who came along to help my mom and I with the girls (she's a great babysitter), Joy's son Jack is to the left posing, Audrey is in the back of the stroller, Olivia is to the right and Ella, Joy's daughter is in the front.
In this pic at the top is my niece Sara who came along to help my mom and I with the girls (she's a great babysitter), Joy's son Jack is to the left posing, Audrey is in the back of the stroller, Olivia is to the right and Ella, Joy's daughter is in the front.
The girls and their excellent babysitter cousin Sara
My cousin Becky and Cody graduated from high school over Memorial Weekend so we went to the party at my granny's.
Back in Rock Springs my dad and I took the girls for a walk and my mom drove next to us taking pictures. We were getting sick of it so we posed. We didn't realize it but some people that were hanging out on their porch saw us and started clapping. Hee hee.
After 9 years of owning my Honda we sold it and got a mini-van. Yes, I said it. We are now officially amongst the mini-van , thirty-something, soccer moms and dads. We said we would never do it, but we did and now we love it. It has so much more room. LOVE IT!
However, I was very sad to let my Honda go. Almost 10 years it has been with me, that's 5 more than I have been married to Steve. It was like losing an animal, I actually was very sad to watch Steve drive away with it. Lots of memories with that car. A bittersweet day.
However, I was very sad to let my Honda go. Almost 10 years it has been with me, that's 5 more than I have been married to Steve. It was like losing an animal, I actually was very sad to watch Steve drive away with it. Lots of memories with that car. A bittersweet day.


3 comments:
Thanks for the catch-up. My favorite pic is of you and Olivia in bed on Mothers' Day. Her hair is awesome!
I still love to see pictures of you as a mommy. You are so adorable! I miss you. Love that you have made the change to the minivan. There's no going back for a few years! It's the best thing EVER. Hope to see you soon!
Love all the pics and seeing how big the girls are getting. Looks like we'll be going for Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see everybody.
Post a Comment