Wednesday, March 07, 2007

She Did It!!

On this day, Wednesday, March 7th, at approximately 7:30 p.m., Olivia Amber Lee went pee pee for the first time in her potty chair. We haven't been potty training seriously but the potty is in the living room and we have been talking about it a lot. It all went down like this - I was changing her insulin pump site so she didn't have her diaper on. When we got done I let her run around for a minute while I put on Audrey's pajamas. Olivia had some gas and I told her to go sit on the potty because maybe she needed to go and I told her that she would get a treat if she went potty. She kept getting up off the potty so I thought we were out of luck, but then while I was distracted watching American Idol, she nonchalantly mentioned that she went pee pee. I didn't believe her because she 1. didn't sound very excited about it and 2. I thought she just said it so she could have a treat. I looked and to my amazement, she did it!!!!!! I screamed with delight and then she screamed with delight and we danced around the room. She kept yelling, "I did it!" and I said, "Yes you did honey!" So she got her pudding treat and called her daddy who is out of town to tell him and he was thrilled. What a day! I never knew I could get so excited about my child using the potty. I told her that she would get another treat if she went potty in the potty chair again so she immediately wanted to try again. Anyway, I'm not sure if this will be the start of her wanting to use the potty or not but we'll see. If not, it was still a fun day. I took these pics a few weeks ago. My friend Steph said let her run around naked, load her up on fluids, and put the potty in the living room. So I tried it and at that time she never had to go until her nap and bed time and I kind of gave up because I thought maybe we should wait until we get back from St. Marteen. Anyway, the pictures are funny so I thought I'd share.

I have so much more to blog about but I am exhausted and will have to blog a little everyday or every other day or every 3 days (yea right, most of you are probably thinking you won't hear from me for two weeks but I'll try and surprise you.) We went to Wyoming for a week last week so I am just trying to get back in the swing. Gotta go to bed.

3 comments:

striving... said...

Congrats, that is a big one. Not a bad idea, having it in the front room, that way whenever she is ready. Cool. You have some cute kids, Heather Striving, (aka: tessa)

Heather said...

Thanks Tessa. It's good to hear from you.

denhartigh said...

YIPEE! Potty training is so hard! Great job :)