Every night we pray with Olivia before bed. Here is an example of how it goes.
Me: Dear Lord,
Her: Dear Lord, thank you for Olivia.
(And if I don't repeat thank you for Olivia she will keep repeating it until I do.)
Me: Thank you for Olivia.
Her: Thank you for daddy.
Me: Thank you for Audrey.
Her: Thank you for elbow.
Me: Thank you for elbow.
Her: Thank you for other elbow.
Me: Thank you for other elbow.
(then she'll look around the room for stuff to thank him for)
Her: Thank you for blankie.
(I just have to repeat her so I'll just continue with what she might say.
Her: Thank you for pillow. Thank you for book. Thank you for other book. Thank you for mommy's pants. Thank you for eyebrows. Thank you for Elmo. Thank you for piggy. (Then she might throw in what she ate earlier) Thank you for fry. Thank you for other fry. Thank you for matos (tomatoes) .
Then I have to prompt her to finally end it and say, "Jesus name, Amen." She'll repeat me and then she says, "Nigh nigh, sweetie." I tuck her in and would say nigh, nigh sweetie all the time and now she says it to me after every prayer.
Ah, the sweetness of a 2 year old. I love these moments with her. It makes the difficult moments of parenting a 2 year old a little more bearable.
P.S. She has pooped in the potty twice so far. Yippee!!!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is too precious. You're a good mommy, Heather. Hurray for poop!
AWWWW!! I'm glad you wrote that down because you will forget those adorable little things.
Post a Comment