Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm Still Alive!


That's right, I am still here but I've been just a little busy lately! Here's what has been happening:
Audrey Elizabeth Lee arrived a few days after her due date on August 31st weighing in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. I was thankful that she wasn't too late and that she weighed almost two pounds less than her sister. She is beautiful with dark hair and dark eyes. Everyone told me I would love her just as much as Olivia and I couldn't fathom it until I held her in my arms and fell in love with her. She is such a good baby and Olivia adores her. She kisses Audrey all the time and wants to "hold this" (the baby) all the time. I thought she would be jealous but so far she has been very good about having another one around. Thank you Lord!
So the birth went like this: I started having cramp like contractions on Monday night the 28th- her due date. This happened for 3 days but by the 2nd day I called the Dr. and she told me to come see her. I did and I was only dilated to 1 cm but about 75% effaced. She said that some woman have prodromal (sp.?) labor where they labor like I was for days. I asked her how much longer this could go on because it was getting annoying and I wasn't getting much sleep. She said I could go into labor that night or the following week. WHAT? I can't labor that long, I will die! So that night was miserable, I didn't sleep at all. Then by 4:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 31st I called the Dr. and told her I couldn't do this without sleep. If I went into true active labor that I would be exhausted. She told me to come to the hospital and they would give me something to sleep if I wasn't in active labor. When I got there I was 4 cm. and the nurse was laughing at me because most people go to the hospital and say they are in labor when they really aren't in true active labor. I go to the hospital and tell the nurse that I don't think I am in labor, that I have been cramp like contractions steadily since Monday (3 days) and that I need to sleep. When she found out I was 4 cm. she said that I was definitely in active labor and that was funny that I didn't think I was. See, I didn't think my cramps were true contractions even though they were spaced like contractions because I was told that contractions get hard all over even on the sides of your belly and into your back. Well my sides didn't seem to get hard during my cramps. The nurse said this happens to some women and that I was still having contractions. Why does my body have to do everything out of the norm? So after laboring through Thursday and 3 1/2 hours of very difficult pushing, she arrived. For those of you who don't know, I had a C-section with Olivia and I really wanted to have a V.B.A.C. (Vaginal Birth After Caeseran) with Audrey. Well, I did it!!!! It was awesome but way harder than I thought. I have great pregnancies but I do not labor and deliver very easy. Oh well, the next one has to be better right???
So, Audrey is 5 1/2 weeks now and she is starting to smile and really focus more on our faces.

We were also busy in September with Olivia's Walk for a Cure for Diabetes. We raised almost $3,000 and joined many other families with children who suffer from Type 1 Diabetes on September 16th for the walk. Thank you to all our family and friends who were able to support us. Here's a pic of us at the walk with my mom and brother. Mike brought 3 of his friends too not in this picture.

My mom has been here helping me out since Audrey was born and she leaves this coming weekend. I am going to be on my own during the day starting Monday so if I don't go crazy then I will blog more often if I have time. This having two kids thing is a lot of work and I get very tired. Good Night!

Oh yea, I also got my hair cut the shortest it has ever been this past Friday, I will post a pic when I can. I like it but boy is it short for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Heather! I was just looking at the pics and thought id tell u that Audrey is sooo cute! I miss u guys. Hopefully we are coming up fall break.. which is this coming Wed. to Sunday.. we probably wont stay that long but yah. Well i love u! Give Audrey and Olivia a big kiss for me! ok bye!
-Macie