Ok, the baby isn't ready but the house is! Thanks to my wonderful mom and husband. My mom was here for almost two weeks to help me me get ready for the baby. It's hard getting anything done with Olivia, she loves to be very close by me at all times. So my mom watched her a lot so I could work and then on top of that she worked at night after Olivia went to bed. I think Steve and my mom were nesting too because they really got busy. We cleaned out closets, drawers, under sinks, the garage, the laundry closet, I mean just about everything. My poor mom was probably so exhausted by the time she left. Hopefully she'll get lots of rest before she has to come back when I go into labor. It was fun too though. We had family meetings at night to talk about what we needed to get done and what our plan was for the next day. They made fun of me for the meetings but that's o.k. Our house is clean, we got rid of a lot of clutter, our carpets were cleaned today and we are ready to have this baby. Steve said as soon as I got the last load of laundry done I would go into labor, but I did the last load today and nothing. Oh well, my babies must just like to cook longer. I had acupuncture last night to see if that would naturally induce my labor and nothing. I had a prenatal massage today and she worked on some points that might induce labor and nothing. Oh well, in God's time not mine.
Olivia has been on her new pump for two weeks and she is doing great! I was worried about how she would do, if she would try and pull the tube out or if she would roll on the pump while sleeping, etc. So far she hasn't messed with it much. We just told her no several times when she was investigating it and she listened. She calls it her "bup" and when we talk about it to others she says "my bup" and pats it. Thank you God that this hasn't been more difficult. Sleeping has been fine too. Anyway, I will try and take a pic soon of it and put it on here so you all can see what it looks like.
One funny note - Steve and I always hug Olivia together and say "Family Sandwich!" The other day we were lying in bed after her nap cuddling and we said that to her. A few minutes later she took her arms and wrapped one around my neck and one around Steve's and pulled us into her and said "Samweedge". It was so hilarious. Oh yeah, she can also say three syllable words now like hamburger and cheesburger. She also repeats everything we say! Cracks me up!
O.k. well that's all for now. I was going to add some pictures but for some reason it won't let me tonight so I'll try again later.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
sounds like baby needs to quickly arrive before the house gets messed up. I remember those days all too well. Miss you so much!
Post a Comment