Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fun with Okie Family & Friends

Steve's sister Shelley and her family came to visit from Oklahoma and they brought their good friends the Petillo's. We haven't seen this part of the family since Christmas 2008, so about a year and 2 months. Way too long to go without seeing each other. Since we've last seen them, Garrett got Type 1 diabetes too so now Jeff, Macie, Garrett, and Olivia all have it in our family.

I love how Audrey even though she hadn't seen her Uncle Jeff in over a year didn't mind snuggling with him.

Olivia and Macie

Garrett with the girls

Garrett was the official baby carrier wherever we went. Thanks Garrett, you saved my back!

The first day they were here we went to the mall to look for Macie a prom dress. My girls loved the dresses.

Shelley and Steve

The next day we took them to the Budweiser Tour.
They are standing in front of the wagons that the Clydesdales pull.

This Clydesdale's name was Wheeler. He has been in a lot of Budweiser commercials.

The Degelos and Lees

The Petillos

We went to Estes Park after the tour but we didn't have much time there so this is the only pic I took. My little papoose bundled up.

The next day we took them to Hammond's Candy Factory and watched the workers make some candy. Hmm, 4 diabetics at a candy store? I wonder if this was such a good idea.

Then we headed down to 16th Street Mall and walked around.
I love my sis-in-law!
We had a great time with them all and can't wait to see them again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pics and quotes! Jeff saw his pic with Audrey and freaked out over how bad his hair looked! Sounds like a girl. We had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

Mamoose said...

What great pictures and memories you all made together. That is what family is all about. I am so happy that they were able to come up. Yes, that is toooo long to go without seeing each other.