Today we went to the American Diabetes Association Expo which has become a yearly event for us. We wanted to watch Elliot Yamin speak. Remember him, he was on American Idol Season 5?Anyway, he has Type 1 Diabetes and wears a pump. Let me tell you we were very disappointed, he was a horrible speaker. He probably spoke for about 5 minutes and he kept stopping to look at his notes but couldn't find his place so there were like a lot of 30 second awkward pauses. And then when he was done he was like, "Well, let's see. What else should I talk about?" I was thinking, ARE YOU KIDDING? The ADA brought you here to speak and you spoke for less than 5 minutes. It was like he just winged it. He opened it up to questions and after several questions, I asked him when he got a low blood sugar while he was performing, what did he do? It's only happened to him once and he chugged a soda and then had to keep excusing himself during the next song because he kept burping. Then I asked if he would sing for us? He tried to ignore this question and answered others but finally the guy next to me started chanting, "SING, SING, SING." So he did and he was good but it was like pulling teeth to get him to sing. Oh well, it was still cool to see him. He sang the chorus to this song, Wait for You.


1 comment:
Hi "Girlies"-
I like this last pic- soo cute of the girls!
We missed you today :)
~J
Post a Comment