Olivia came to me tonight in tears because her pump pack holding her insulin pump was all twisted and falling off and she was extremely frustrated with it. Here was our conversation:
Her: I don't want to have diabetes anymore.
Me: You don't.
Her: No, I don't want to have diabetes anymore, I want to be a different girl.
Me: Oh honey, I'm sorry. Please don't be sad. God made you very special with diabetes and mommy loves you so much just how you are.
It didn't take long for her to get distracted by something else and she didn't bring it up again but this is the first time since she got diabetes 3 1/2 years ago that I have ever heard that she didn't want to have diabetes and that she wanted to be another girl. Breaks my heart. God, please wrap your arms around my sweetie tonight and help her feel special. Help me to help her get through this life being a little different living with diabetes.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a hard thing to hear as a mom. You are such a wonderful person and so very strong. Remember that. Good news is, it will get easier... right? Believe there will be a cure and she one day won't have to wear that pump. Tell her that on Thursday Ella and her entire school will be walking to raise money for the JDRF. I'll be walking too and thinking of her and her wish. Love you guys.
Thanks Joy, that meant a lot and that is very cool that you guys are walking for JDRF!!!
Just brings tears to my eyes--I love you little Olivia and pray for you every day--God is with you and holds you in the palm of his hand
Post a Comment