Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Audrey!!

2 years ago today Audrey Elizabeth Lee was born. She weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 19 1/2" long. Today, after 2 years she is just a "Little Bit". That's what we call her. She only weighs around 21 lbs and is about 32" tall. (These are measurements from July 10th so she may be a little bigger now.) But still, today someone asked how old she was and I said 2 and she said, "Wow, she is small." Yep, she's our Little Bit. A Little Bit with a BIG attitude. Yes, she is in her terrific and terrible 2's. Olivia at this age was already 29 lbs. and 34". It's crazy how different they are.

Audrey is so much fun right now and cracks us up. My cousin Vanessa said her little boy Evan who just turned 2 is saying "I two" and that's exactly what Audrey says when you ask her how old she is. "I two". SO cute. She is my cuddle bug and has great hugs and kisses. I probably kiss her a bazillion times a day. Her skin is still so soft. Oh by the way, in case you were wondering why all her hair is gone it's because I forgot to save some of her hair from her first haircut and so I tried to snip off some hair to keep. Well, when I did that I took a little too much from one side and then tried to make the other side even. Argh, so I kept cutting thinking I could fix it and it kept getting shorter. I almost cried. Steve said we should just call her Jim. I called my friend Vicki who cuts our hair and begged her to help me. She came over and shaped it up for me. Thanks Vicki, you're a lifesaver. So that's why all of her hair is gone. Oops. Sorry Audrey.

Eating ice cream for her birthday in her carseat. Very messy! Bad parents.

We are having a belated birthday party when my parents come to visit in 2 weeks so I wasn't going to buy a cake for today. Well, Steve just had to go get one. I think he just wanted some for himself. Anyway, he came back with a football cake. For a girl? Yep, he wants her to love football he said. Oh boy, what am I going to do with him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday audrey!
that haircut story cracked me up... that sounds like something I would do.

Suni Jones said...

already two. Don't try cutting her hair anymore.lol Just kidding.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday. The cake and the hair cut story are too funny!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Miss Audrey! FOOTBALL CAKE...please Steve, enough already! Sorry Heather I know it's that time of year again! Miss you all! Joy

Vanessa Lee said...

the football cake and haircut are the funniest thing ever. At least audrey has no idea about either of them. Don't do that to her when she is 16 though.