Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pine Mountain

While we were in Wyoming we went one day to my Uncle Craig's cabin on Pine Mountain. It is very remote with no other cabins on the mountain and it is hard to get to. My van wouldn't make it on the roads so we got as close as we could and then got a ride in my dad's truck and my uncle's jeep. Steve and I have been married for almost 9 years and this was his first trip to the cabin. The kids and I went a few years back but he was working and last year we tried but we got rained out. I have so many fond memories of the cabin and used to go there a lot when I was little. So glad we got to spend the day there.

So when you go to the cabin you HAVE to go on a hike. It's the rules. Not really but come on, you are in the beautiful mountains, why not! What I forgot to do was tell Steve this rule and he only brought flip-flops and no tennis shoes. Oops. My cousin Chaney and her husband and two boys are in this picture with my girls.

It was fun for my kids to play with their cousins. We don't get to see them that much. The oldest boy who just turned 4 remembers my girls and my cousin said he prays every night that God will bring his girl cousins back to him. Awww, so sweet.

Here is Chay (2) and brother Bjorn (4) on the hike. Audrey and Owen are close by.

We hiked to a spring of water that comes out of the mountain that my uncle has the rights to so we all stopped and had a drink of the most refreshing, cold water I've ever tasted.
Below Owen gets his first taste of the water.

My little hiker. In my family growing up I was the lead hiker. I was always in the front leading the way and loving every minute of it. Olivia was like that this time and it reminded me of myself when I was her age.

Sharing a kiss with my second main squeeze.

Back at the cabin, little Chay and Owen hung out. They were so cute together. They are about 7 months apart and will hopefully be good buddies.

Bjorn and Owen enjoying the swing.

My granny on a walk with three of her great grandkids.


So Steve, the girls, my brother, my uncle, and my cousin's husband went on a hike up to red hill. That is the hill through the trees. I was taking the pictures from the lawn out in the front of the cabin. If you click on the picture to make it bigger you can see them standing on the hill.

And a zoomed in shot.

And a little closer.

And here is Steve after the hike. A lot of exercise for him for one day.

Love this tire swing!

Kinda of a blurry picture but I wanted a picture of the side of the cabin.

I have sat on this porch many times through the years and it was fun having my girls and husband enjoy it too.

No comments: