Sunday, February 06, 2011

Ice Skating

Since we didn't have a birthday party for Olivia I asked her if she wanted to take a friend ice skating. She did and she wanted to bring Paige from her school. This is their first time on real ice. We tried the weird fake ice stuff at Winterfest and it was ridiculously hard so I told her sometime we would try the real stuff and it was much better. Well, I say that because it was much easier for me but the girls still had a hard time staying upright. They mostly held onto the side and tried skating along.

Look at those tiny skates!

Paige and Olivia did a little better than Audrey and by the end Paige was almost skating without holding on to the side too much.

Livi wanted to take off so bad and kept getting frustrated. I tried taking them out one by one and working with them but it was really hurting my back trying to hold them and me up. Probably not a great idea to do while pregnant but we went very slow.

By the end they were having more fun and I think they were glad we went. A few more times and I think they will have it.

No comments: