Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm a little sad today

A friend of mine sent me a link to a blog that her friend created for her little boy who has been sick in the hospital since he was 2 months old. He has been in the hospital now for 5 months and they have never diagnosed him because they aren't sure what's wrong with him. Anyway, I haven't read the whole blog so I don't know the whole story but I do know after reading the last few entries that the parents decided to disconnect the little boy, Noah, from life support today. I just had to stop and be still for a minute. This family is a very strong Christian family who totally rely on God for their strength and it is evident in the blog. I could go on and on about this family but I won't, if you want to read more their blogsite is http://noahsteven.blogspot.com

I just thought I would share it with you because as I read some of the mom's entries I was just so touched by them and her love and compassion for God in their lives is just awesome. Life can be difficult but God is with us every step of the way and our days are numbered so we should not fear. Another thing this mom said was that she wasn't going to make any resolutions this year because Jesus says to take one day at a time so she is making a daily plan of passionate pursuit... it just happens to be a New Year. I was thinking about my resolutions in my previous blog and for one they aren't specific enough and for another I am already having a hard time with them so I am going to just take one day at a time and try and do my best with what I can.

One more thing I was thinking about today as I was pondering about this little boy Noah. I was nursing Audrey and just overwhelmed by how much I love that time I have with her. She is so warm and snuggly as she nestles close to me and sometimes it makes her so tired that she just closes her eyes for a minute to rest. I could watch her the whole time and sometimes we just stare at each other and if I smile, she'll stop nursing to smile at me and it's one of the best feelings in the whole world. I look forward to nursing every time because I know that no matter what I am doing I have to stop and spend one on one time with her and I wish it could last for an hour. When Olivia stopped nursing I had a really hard time with it because I was going to miss that bonding time we had and I did miss it but now we just bond in different ways. I am just thankful that I have my children and that I get to spend quality time with them and I know that it is going to be hard for this family after the loss of their precious son, but they have another daughter and between her and having God in their lives, they will get through this sad day. Just take a moment and sit there. Think about what you have and who you have in you lives and be thankful. We are only on this earth for so long, we need to stop our craziness every once and awhile and just be thankful.

On a lighter note, here are a few pics to maybe make you smile.


Fun in the Snow

First day we tried pigtails in her hair

It's not what you think, we don't dry out our
kids when they are wet. This was all
Olivia's idea by the way.


My Punk Rock Girls

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks, Heather. Great post. And I loved the pictures. Too precious.

denhartigh said...

I've completely lost your blog for the last few months but now I found you. I apologize for being such a terrible friend! Miss you tons and tons. Your girls are so adorable and such blessings. Cuddle them extra long today!