
Yes, it's true! Audrey has been sucking her thumb for about three days now. She's been sucking on her hands for weeks now but all of a sudden she has found her thumb and has woken up from sleep and then found her thumb and fell back asleep. I don't know if this is good or bad. It's good because she has something that soothes her but take it from me, thumbsucking can be a hard habit to break. Some of you know that I sucked my thumb, my mom says from within the womb, and I didn't stop until a week before I was 12 and only because my sister and I both couldn't get our ears pierced until I stopped sucking my thumb. Anyway, it's cute for now but hopefully it won't last as long as it did for me.
A Winter Wonderland
Denver was hit with a huge snow storm. The blizzard of 06'! We got about 2-3 ft. of snow. Denver International Airport will have been closed for almost 2 days by the time it is back up and running which they say is tomorrow at noon. We have been stranded in our house and it's been fun. We watched movies, made homemade pizza, my brother came over tonight because he could get to us with his 4 wheel drive. He said the rest of the city is like a ghost town. Very quiet and hardly anyone out and about. The town basically shut down. There are hardly any businesses open because people are stranded and can't get to work.
Olivia loves the snow and helped her daddy shovel today. Well, she really just watched him sweat but she loved it. We are supposed to fly to Oklahoma tomorrow evening and I don't know if it will happen. They say they will open at noon but you never know and then there will only be limited flights out tomorrow since they don't have all the planes there. My brother is dropping us off because he has a 4 wheel drive and there is no way we could get there with our small cars. A lot of side streets including ours have not been plowed yet. BUT then Michael is leaving to drive to Wyoming for Christmas so if our flight ends up not leaving we may be stranded at the airport. With two young girls, I pray this does not happen. Anyway, when we make it we will be in Oklahoma for a week so Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I'll be blogging more next year. Hasta la vista!


No comments:
Post a Comment